20 September 2010

Information overload :s

I loooove tools like Twitter because they put you in touch with other like-minded people all wanting to share information, which is a great thing on a number of levels. But I found myself this morning reading through recent Tweets from my connections and I realised that there is absolutely no way I will ever get to read all the information being shared. This made me a little sad because I love everything about learning, so I wonder what I'm missing out on. At the same time I could feel myself getting a little stressed about the pile of links I have started accumulating that I will have a look at "when I get time". Is there a tipping point where all this information is of absolutely no use to us at all because we'll never get the time to read it, absorb it and learn from it?

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!! Sometimes I crave cloning technologies so I can do and learn and grow and experience every single possible thing I can. And since I discovered blogging... the need just grew exponentially!

    I'm flat out (an Aussie way of saying 'incredibly busy) finding out as much I can about running my own blog let alone reading all the gorgeous and fascinating and compelling blogs out there.

    How wonderful though that we have so many options!

    ReplyDelete