23 August 2010

Training vs learning?

I am in the process of redesigning the Get Me website, which is long overdue! As part of this exercise I've been researching keywords to use on the site. In our industry we like to use the word "learning" instead of "training" because as professionals we understand the difference. However, I was surpised to find that in Australia in June/July this year, the term "training and development" was searched for 18,100 times as opposed to "learning and development" which was only searched for 9,900 times! As a seasoned professional I feel quite strongly that the word learning should be substituted for training wherever possible - with the exception of our website if I want visitors to find us! Are we the only ones that care about learning vs training? Tell us what you think by posting a comment below...

No comments:

Post a Comment